160 S. Water St. || Batavia, IL 60510 || 630.761.9977
Gallery Hours: Thur 10a-2p, Fri 12p-9p, Sat 10a-2p, Sun 12p-4p
"Sixteen thousand square feet occupied by 28 humans of
infinite creative possibilities."
- About Us
- Carbon Show April 12-June 29
- Summer Group Show July 12 - Aug 24 2013
- Gallery H20
- 2nd Floor Gallery Show Rentals
- Apocalypse Show Dec 17 2012
- Your Printshop is in another castle Sep 21 2012
- Exquisite Corpse Oct 29-Nov 7
- Solo Show: Peter Kenar June 24 2011
- Congressional Show May 6 2011
- Batavia High School AP Art Class Exhibit April 12-April 18 2011
- Built by Tim Kowalczyk Jan 8 2010
- Solo Show: Chris Chaney & Mary Chaney Dec 11 2010
- Birdland Group Flocks to Water Nov 13 2010
- French Artists Exchange Program Sept 29 2010
- Steven Lockwood Aug 13 2010
- G.T. Tisori July 23 2010
- Body Adorned Sept 8 - Sept 16 2012
- your printshop are in another castle
- Batavia High School AP Shows
- Rita Grendze: Well-read Aug 1 2012
- Congressional Art Competition April 23 2012
- Energy Show April 20 2012
- Ed Cook Dec 9-Dec 18
- Batavia AP High School Show April 13 2012
- John Spiteri & Carey Overstreet Nov 12-Dec 6
- Futures Gallery Shows
- Past Gallery Shows
- Winter Show 2013
- 3rd Year Anniversary Show
- Grand Opening Sept 18 2009
- Temporary Location 2008
- Indulge June 1 - Sept 8 2012
- Illuminate Jan 27-May 12 2012
- 2nd Year Anniversary Show Sept 30-Dec 31 2011
- Summer Show: June 3-Sept 10 2011
- Winter Show: Jan 28-May 14 2011
- Anniversary Show Sep 17-Dec 31 2011
- Spring Show April 23-Aug 14 2010
- Winter Show Jan 15-April 3 2010
Wordplay at Water Street
Hosted by Adam Gottlieb
For teens and college-aged students who love to write. Writing workshops at 7. Open mic at 8. Performances by featured poets at 9. Every 4th Friday of every month.
Submission Deadline: June 16th
Guest Juror: Staci Boris, Chief Curator at the Elmhurst Art Museum.
A Bold Event To Support Local Art
Tickets go on sale July 15th. Tickets are $85 each.
Printshop | Ceramic Studio | Metalshop
Water Street Studios strives to create an environment in which artists, regardless of their level of expertise, have access to the equipment that is needed to make their art without having to rent a studio in the facility.
3rd Sunday of Every Month, 7-9pm
Waterline Writers host monthly readings where writers read excerpts from their own work, including fiction, poetry, plays, lyrics, spoken word, storytelling, stand-up comedy, experimental and multi-media work.
We have a variety of studio space available for rent.
"Sixteen thousand square feet occupied by 28 humans of infinite creative possibilities."
If you are interested in renting studio space, please let us know so that you can be next in line. We strongly encourage volunteering in the gallery before signing a contract for a studio.
- Life, Decay and Beyond
Show Runs: April 12 - June 29th. Guest juror: Jess Mott Wickstrom, Gallery Director at Lillstreet Art Center in Chicago.
Kane County Chronicle Gallery
Kane County Chronicle Gallery, located on our 2nd floor is available for rental for any artist that wants to have a solo or group show.
Our retail store, Gallery H2O, is adjacent to Water Street Studios' fine art gallery and offers quality artistic items for your everyday shopping needs.
School of Art
Water Street Studios offers an amazing variety of classes for all ages and experience levels. It is our philosophy that everyone from preschoolers to seniors can use art in their lives. Classes run on a trimester schedule and are staffed by professional and working artists.
Awesome Art Afternoons
Free Art Classes
Sundays 1-3p. Admire amazing art in the gallery, Be creative and spend quality time with the ones you love. All about Art. Activities include: drawing, coloring, pasting or painting....Assorted art supplies available at no charge. All ages: Best for ages 3 and up accompanied by an adult at all times. Teens welcome with parent permission.
Art Flow is a free after school art program for area high school students who are undeserved in the arts or have limited financial means for classes.
Mission: Batavia Artists Association at Water Street Studios was founded to advance art education and appreciation by developing the promotion of fine arts in Batavia and neighboring communities. As an integral part of our community, the Batavia Artists Association at Water Street Studios strives to create a personal and diverse venue for creativity, collaboration, expression and education.
WSS was one of the Best Art Gallery in 2010.
In 2011 & 2012 we were Best Art Gallery and one of the best for family recreation and live music.
Water Street Studios is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization and supported by our Premier Partner:
Additional support comes from our Primary Partner:
Water Street Studios is partially supported by a grant from the Illinois Arts Council, a state agency:
Additional funding provided by:
Get in Touch
Special Events each Month:
-Waterline Writers (3rd Sunday)
-Artists Critique Group (Members only)